Baked Chicken Nuggets. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping. Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil.
Really make sure you properly coat the chicken at each stage, namely breadcrumbs. Timings will depend on how big/thick your nuggets end up being so just be vigilant. Coat each piece of chicken evenly in the breadcrumb mixture, getting it as thick as possible and pressing it into the chicken so it sticks. You can have Baked Chicken Nuggets using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Prepare 3 – 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper ground.
- You need 3/4 cup of cornflakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese grated.
Place on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Bake the chicken nuggets: Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Spray with cooking spray (or melt butter/oil all over the pan). Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
Baked Chicken Nuggets instructions
- I first began by mincing the chicken breasts in a food processor. I know you can buy store bought chicken mince, but I wanted to make my own as I will know it will only have chicken and not anything else in it!.
- Once you have chicken mince, add the garlic powder, salt and ground pepper..
- I powdered the cornflakes in my spice grinder to a coarse powder. Grate the parmesan (I like mine freshly grated but store bought grated parmesan is ok too). Mix the ground cornflakes and grated parmesan cheese together in a bowl..
- With wet hands, roll and flatten out the chicken mixture into nugget patties..
- Then roll the nuggets into the cheese-cornflake mix..
- When I made these, I lined them up on a baking sheet and stuck it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once they hardened up, I transferred them all into a ziploc bag and put it back in the freezer..
- When you are ready to bake these little treats, preheat the oven to 200C..
- Bake them until cooked through. The outer crumb part will get a nice cooked through color / look to it. It took me about 15mins. The nuggets puffed up a bit too for me when they were cooked through. Do keep an eye on the nuggets as you don't want it to over cook cause the chicken meat will dry up when you cook it too much..
- Transfer to a serving platter, squeeze some tomato sauce next to it and serve immediately..
Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Recipes; Simple Chicken Nuggets; Member recipe. Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. This is a great recipe for kids it's a healthier and tastier than supermarket also a lot of fun to make. Traditionally, fried chicken nuggets, such as McNuggets and KFC popcorn chicken has a flour, spices and egg batter.