Chicken dum biryani. Making chicken dum biryani gravy While the rice cooks, Saute onions in hot oil to make fried onions. Lower the flame and saute bay leaf, star anise, shahi jeera, cloves, cardamom. Biryani Sauce Heat oil in a pan.
In oil or ghee saute onions, tomatoes, green chilies, ginger garlic paste and other masalas until oil separated from the sides. You want to cook chicken until it's half done. How to make Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe To begin making the Chicken Biryani recipe, we will first begin with the rice preparation. You can have Chicken dum biryani using 52 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken dum biryani
- Prepare 1 kg of Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of whole potatoes *.
- You need 500 gm of Basmati rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced Onions (for birista).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of corn flour.
- You need 1/2 of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- It’s 6 of pcsGreen cardamom.
- Prepare 1 pc of Black cardamom *.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Cloves *.
- Prepare 3 stick of Cinnamon(medium size).
- You need 1/2 piece of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 pcs of Mace *.
- Prepare 2 g of Shahi jeera *.
- Prepare 2 g of Kabab chini *.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fennel seeds *.
- You need 3 g of White pepper whole *.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper whole.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yoghurt *.
- It’s 2.4 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 2.4 tsp of Garlic.
- Prepare 4 tsp of birista.
- It’s 1.6 tsp of Biryani masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Kewra water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder *.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground pepper *.
- You need 2/3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 6 pcs of Green cardamom *.
- It’s 2 pcs of Black cardamom.
- It’s 7 Cloves of *.
- You need 6 cm of stick Cinnamon *.
- It’s 7 g of Fennel seeds *.
- It’s 3 g of Bay leaves *.
- It’s 3 kg of Water *.
- You need 45 g of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of small Alum(Fitkari).
- It’s 10 pcs of Bay leaves (to line the pan with) *.
- It’s 5-6 pieces of Alubukhara (dried plums) *.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rose petals (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Birista *.
- You need 1 tsp of Biryani masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of Grated khoya kheer.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Yakhni.
- You need 1 tsp of Lime juice *.
- You need 1 pinch of Saffron (steeped in 2 tsp warm milk) *.
- It’s 1 pinch of Yellow food colour *.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Milk *.
- You need 1 tsp of Kewra water *.
- It’s 2 tsp of Rose water *.
- You need 4 drops of Meetha attar *.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Ghee *.
- You need 2 tsp of Butter.
Chicken is the main ingredient for making Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani. It is made with basmati rice, chicken & flavored with Indian spices. The Hyderabadi chicken biryani uses the dum pukht method of cooking and thus it gets the name " Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani ". Types of Hyderabadi chicken biryani: Chicken dum biryani is the most popular biryani from South India.
Chicken dum biryani step by step
- Cut and washed the potatoes then apply some yellow food colour fry it in oil,once done keep it aside.
- Cut the onions finely then add little corn flour sieve the excess then deep fry until golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl add yogurt, birista, all the dry spices, and essence mix it then add the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken for 3 hours then heat a oil add the marinated chicken after few minutes add the fried potatoes,once cooked keep the potatoes, chicken and gravy or Yakhni separated.
- In a big pan grease it with ghee then spread bay leaf, parallel cook the rice.
- The chicken pieces, then potatoes after that add the yakni or gravy over it.
- Now spread the cooked rice, then layer it with some birista, biryani masala.
- Again layer it with rice, pour the saffron milk mixture, ghee, birista cover it with aluminium foil then cover it with lid, place the Kadhai over tawa on very low heat for 30 minutes, after this turn off the heat let the biryani set for 20 minutes then serve…
There are many variations that you can make to this chicken dum biryani. There is Hyderabadi chicken dum biryani, that is another famous biryani from South Indian – Andara Pradesh. Check our our Chicken Recipes and Biryani Recipes. Chicken biryani in oven is almost similar to the one made in stove top but the only difference is dum should be done in oven. In dum biryani, the arrangement is made in such a way that marinated chicken is placed at the bottom and rice over the chicken.