Belgian Beef Stew With Beer. Lightweight Camping Equipment – Meals, Stoves and Cookware. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Stir in beer, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
It is seasoned with thyme, bay leaves and mustard and it is usually served with fries or bread and accompanied by a beer. Stir in beer, vinegar and thyme to the Dutch oven, heat to boiling. Add the broth-flour mixture, beef and bay leaves, stir till thickened and bubbly. You can cook Belgian Beef Stew With Beer using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Belgian Beef Stew With Beer
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef stew meat.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 2 large of onions.
- Prepare 1 pints of Dark beer, preferably dark Trappist beer.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Syrup of Liege.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of Clove.
- It’s 2 of Leafs of laurels.
- Prepare 1 slice of Brown bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mustard.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Salt.
It's best to cook them in batches so you won't overcrowd the pan. If the meat is brown also add the onion and cook a few minutes more. Beer has long been an integral part of Belgian culture, so it's no surprise that many brews make their way into the country's cuisine. This traditional Belgian beef stew recipe will warm you from the inside out.
Belgian Beef Stew With Beer step by step
- Peal the onions and cut them in pieces. Don't cut them too small ….
- Heat a big pot and melt the butter. Stew the onions on a medium fire. Make sure the onions don't become brown.
- Heat a pan on a medium fire and melt a knob of butter.
- Scorch the meat in the pan until it has a golden brown color. Season the meat with pepper and salt..
- put the meat in the pot with the onions and stir them.
- Keep the pan where u cooked the meat hot and pour the beer in it. Stir the baked leftovers while we wait till the beer is boiling (deglazing).
- When the beer boils, pour it in the pot with meat and onions.
- Tie the laurels and thyme with a rope and let it stew in the pot.
- Add the clove and syrup of liege.
- Spread a lot of mustard on the slice of dark bread. Put the slice in the pot, with the mustard-side down.
- Leave the stew simmer for 1h30 minutes to 3 hours on a low heat. Don't put the lid on the pot. Stir from time to time.
- When the sauce has the required density, u can put the lid on the pot.
- Don't forget to add pepper and salt to taste.
Robust brown ale enhances the flavor of the meat and gives the dish an extra-delicious kick. Unlike French beef stews made with wine, carbonnade—a Flemish stew—relies on the deep, dark flavor of Belgian abbey-style beer. But what really gives the dish its distinctive character is the. Belgian Beef Carbonnade is known by many names: Flemish Carbonnade, Belgian Beef Stew, Beef and Beer Stew, are among the most common. Although recipes for Belgian Beef Carbonnade generally include beef and beer, there are many variations.