Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Prepare a large bowl or sink of ice water.
Sous vide beef ribs can be a very easy meal if you keep it simple. Take the beef ribs out of the pouches, pat them dry and quickly sear them. Lightly salt the ribs then add them to the smoker. You can cook Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs
- You need 2 of slabs Beef Ribs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Chinese Five Spice Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chinese Style Bbq Sauce *see my recipe*.
- You need 4 of BPA free gallon sized bags.
Trim the meat, removing any excess sinew, silverskin, or fat. Coat the ribs in a rub of brown sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic salt and pack them into a sous vide bag. Place the rib of beef on a board. This recipe is made specifically with bone-in beef short ribs.
Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs step by step
- Get the sous-vide water bath warming up to 165° F.
- Make the Chinese style rib rub. Combine the brown sugar, Chinese five spice, salt and onion powder into a jar and mix together thoroughly..
- Trim the excess fat from the ribs and cut in half..
- Coat ribs with the rub and let rest until the water bath reaches temperature..
- When the water is to temp place the ribs into the bags and submerge into the water..
- I use an oven cooling rack across the top of the bath to clip the top of the bags too to keep the zipper from going into the water. I've never fully trusted them to not leak when counting on them..
- Cover the top with plastic wrap to hold in the heat. The cooling rack helps support this too..
- Let cook in the water bath for 24 hours..
- After the 24 hours place the ribs on a smoker preheated to 250°F. I use pecan wood..
- Let them smoke for 2 hours, then brush with the Chinese style bbq sauce and cook for another hour then sauce again..
- Check after another hour and if to desired doneness remove from heat..
- Let rest for about an hour then grab some napkins and dive in!.
You can adapt it with the same cooking time and temperature for boneless short ribs, too. For a tough cut like flank steak, sous-vide-que is a great choice. For a tender cut like filet mignon or a thick ribeye, reverse sear. If using a grill, place a foil pouch filled with soaked wood chips directly on the coals. Sous vide beef ribs – aka bbq spare ribs – turn out remarkably tender and fall-off-the-bone with ease.