Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Whisk in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk, cream, bouillon and pepper.
Then I added the chicken stock. I used pecorino cheese gnocchi and the soup turned out to be a keeper!!!. DIRECTIONS In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. You can cook Chicken and Gnocchi Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- It’s 3 cup of half and half (you can use heavy cream or whipping cream).
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or any type of oil (I'm using vegetable oil spread).
- It’s 1 of carrot, shredded.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of chicken breast, cubed into bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 bunch of of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 of palm-full of dried Italian herbs.
- You need of salt and pepper (I'm using pink salt and peppercorn).
- You need 4 cup of of cold water.
- It’s 1 packages of store-bought gnocchi or you can use a homemade recipe.
The Chicken and Gnocchi soup is going to taste like you spent hours at the stove making your family a delightful chicken and potato gnocchi soup. You can find the gnocchi in a couple of different places in your supermarket. My local stores sell shelf-stable potato gnocchi in the pasta isles. Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, thyme.
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup step by step
- Dice your onion, shred your carrot, and slice your chicken..
- In a large pot, heat your preferred oil on medium-high heat and add your chicken. When all sides of the chicken are seared, add in your flour and coat the chicken. It will absorb all of the oil in the pot and will stick to the bottom of the pot, that is alright! It is FLAVOR, my friends!.
- After about 2 minutes of cooking the flour and chicken, add in your carrots and onion. Add in a little salt, just to sweat the carrots and onion..
- After 5 minutes of those veggies working out (sweating and turning translucent), slowly add in your cold water, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen up the FLAVOR at the bottom of the pot..
- When your water starts to simmer, add in the cream and stir until it comes to a simmer. (About 5 minutes).
- Remember when I said a "palm-full of dried Italian herbs"? I literally meant it. Add it into the simmering pot and stir to combine. This is also a good time to taste and season your soup. Add in salt and pepper to your liking. Remember to always taste as you go!.
- Grab that bunch of spinach and stir it into the soup. It will wilt down in about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, get your gnocchi ready..
- Oh, hey, I have a recipe of potato gnocchi for this occasion! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365427-potato-gnocchi.
- Boil gnocchi according to its instructions and add it to the soup! Voila! You are done! I hope you enjoy!.
Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Add the thyme, carrots, spinach, chicken and gnocchi. How to Make This Chicken Gnocchi Soup Cook your chicken: Heat half of the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and then add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate, and cover to keep warm. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.