Chicken Parmesan. In another shallow dish or bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Dip chicken breasts into beaten egg, then into breadcrumb mixture to coat. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs. Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken. Chicken parmesan is a classic American Italian dish that is layered with flavor. You can have Chicken Parmesan using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder, lemon pepper, and chipotle (or any spices of your choosing).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 4-5 cups of Marinara sauce (homemade or jar).
- It’s 1 can of crescent rolls.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese or any white cheese of your choosing (horseradish cheese is my favorite).
- You need 2 cups of vegetable oil.
It starts with the incredible marinade that infuses the chicken and keeps it tender. Then comes the breading on the chicken that is fried to a perfect golden brown. Then the chicken is smothered in homemade marinara and topped with flavorful ooey gooey melty cheese. It is a tried and true insanely.
Chicken Parmesan instructions
- Cut the 2 chicken breasts into thin strips than heat up vegetable oil in a large pan on medium high heat.
- Now combine bread crumbs and spices on a plate next whisk an egg and about 1/2 tbsp of water into a shallow bowl. First cover a strip in the bread crumbs then dip in egg and back into bread crumbs (make sure they are well covered you may need more egg or bread crumb blend).
- When the oil is heated only put 3 – 4 in at a time and cover with paper towel and cook all the way through but be carful to not burn the crust and when finshed put to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and begin heating marinara and lay out crescent rolls and cheese.
- When the marinara is ready dunk the strip in it and put cheese on the wide part of the dough and then place the chicken strip on top and roll up and place on a pan (this gets pretty messy).
- After you completed step 5 and your oven is ready place in for about 15 – 20 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- When they are done I would suggest melting butter and sweeping some on the top with a dash of garlic salt and enjoy.
Chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan (Italian pollo alla parmigiana), is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese. A quantity of ham or bacon is sometimes added. It has been speculated that the dish is based on a combination of the Italian melanzane alla. Chicken Parmesan (also called Chicken Parmigiana) is one of the most loved, most popular AND most ordered chicken recipes in the world. BUT often times, chicken comes out too dry, or doesn't have enough flavour or seasoning.