Delicious Sushi Rice–Without the Sushi. Great recipe for Delicious Sushi Rice–Without the Sushi. Be careful not to cook the rice too well, or it will become pasty. Place a few leaves of baby spinach..
My experience is that semi-decent sushi can be ruined by bad sushi rice. Next, put a few leaves of the baby spinach. Sashimi usually comprises of thin slices of raw fish or seafood. You can cook Delicious Sushi Rice–Without the Sushi using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Sushi Rice–Without the Sushi
- It’s 700 grams of Rice.
- Prepare 3 of leaves Shiso leaves (minced).
- You need 1 of generous amount Aonori.
- It’s 1 of White sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Shirasu (semi-dried baby sardines).
- Prepare of Sushi vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of 1 teaspoon Salt.
Although most people will think 'sashimi' when talking about sushi without rice. Sure, all rice is delicious, but sushi rice has one of the most pleasing textures in the world, which makes it the best, IMO. And the bright pop of vinegar and the sweetness from the sugar added. Sushi on a low carb diet is a challenge!
Delicious Sushi Rice–Without the Sushi instructions
- To make the sushi vinegar, combine the ingredients listed, microwave for about 20 seconds, then stir in the sugar and salt until the grains completely dissolve..
- Stir the sushi vinegar from Step 1 into freshly cooked rice, a small amount at a time, using cutting motions as you go. Adjust the amount of vinegar to taste..
- Add the minced shiso leaves, aonori, white sesame seeds, and shirasu, and it's ready to serve..
Usually, low carb sushi choices are pretty limited. Pretty much all sushi is not low carb, because of the rice in it, and sometimes also due to the sauces. At most sushi restaurants, you really have just one keto friendly option, which is sashimi. Sushi rice is usually covered with powdery talc to prevent it from sticking in the package. The first step to cooking sushi rice is to give it a proper rinsing.