Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Find Where To Watch Your Favorite TV Shows And Movies Anytime, Anywhere. For steaks, in shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
Add meat and cook on both sides until almost cooked through and no red juices appear. Before you jump to Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen. Until fairly recently any person who expressed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. You can have Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy
- You need 1 lb of tenderized round steak.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 4 cup of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
That's a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems. Place the steaks in the skillet over a medium heat. Pour the mushroom soup over the top of the steaks. Feel free to add some paprika if you want a bit of heat to combat all the creamy gravy.
Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy step by step
- Add the oil to a deep skillet and heat on med-high.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper as desired (I prefer Montreal Streak seasoning), cut the steak into half inch strips and coat with flour.
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook until brown on all sides.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and milk to the skillet and reduce heat to med-low.
- Simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
The gravy is usually a mushroom or onion gravy and the steak cut is usually a top round or bottom round. A smothered steak can also be breaded and "chicken fried" before being smothered. For my smothered steak, I use an onion gravy and sirloin steak. Smothered Hamburger Steaks in Mushroom Gravy! Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.