Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie. Alas, I did not think chicken pot pie could not made better until I experimented with adding cheddar bay biscuit dough on top. I regret to inform you all that I may never go back! There are two cooking options for this dish: The biscuits can be made separate and served with the filling, or the biscuit batter can be gently placed on top and baked together.
This Cheddar Bay Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie is especially good after one those days with a cold rain or bone chilling wind, it gives you all the warm and cozy feelings after a rough day having to shovel snow. Cut the chicken breast into bite sized pieces and cook in a pan with a little salt and pepper and a couple cloves of crushed garlic. When the chicken is almost done add the vegetables. You can cook Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s of Biscuit Topping.
- It’s 8 cup of Bisquick pancake mix.
- It’s 10 1/2 tbsp of Cold butter/Margarine.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 2 cup of Milk, I used 2%.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 2 cup of Boneless-skinless breasts, cooked & cubed. I cooked mine about 3hrs in a crockpot w 1/4c water on high. season to taste.
- It’s 1 can of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Prepare 1 can of Milk, i used 2%.
- You need 1 can of Corn.
- You need 1 can of Peas.
- You need 1/2 packages of Carrot Chips.
- You need 1 of Pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Optional Butter top (after oven).
- You need 2 tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces as well. While this is cooking mix the biscuits. Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie instructions. In a large mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients.
Cheddar Bay Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Mix until well combined & a dough forms. Set aside..
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 2qt pot, combine Filling ingredients. Stir until combined. Cover & simmer over medium heat about 5-7 mins. Remove from heat..
- Cut dough ball in half. Roll out one half to fit 9x13in. baking dish, enough to cover bottom. Pour still-warm filling over bottom..
- Roll out the other half of the dough ball to cover the top of the dish, leaving about 1/4in. from the dough to the rim of the baking dish..
- Bake in preheated oven about 20 mins, or until topping is golden brown.
- (Optional) combine melted butter, parsley, garlic powder, & salt, stir until well blended. Brush over biscuit topping immediately after its out if the oven..
Mix until well combined & a dough forms. At Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen, we pinch the edges of every one of our Homemade Chicken Pot Pies. True comfort food at it's best, this Cheddar Bay Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie is perfect for these chilly fall and winter nights. Homemade Biscuits replace the traditional pastry crust in Chicken Pot Pie with Bacon-and-Cheddar Biscuits. Don't forget if you like my recipes to.