Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew). Check Out Chinese Bbq on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Using tongs, start laying out the pork on the baking rack + pan. Stir soy sauce, honey, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine, hoisin sauce, red food coloring or red bean curd (see Cook's Note), and Chinese five-spice powder together in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cover and store the reserved marinade in the fridge as well. You can have Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew)
- It’s 100 grams of pork strip.
- It’s 1 dash of meat tenderizer.
- You need 1 cup of sauce pls refer to APP RECIPE ON (SAUCE FOR PORK OR SPARE RIB).
Place the pork tenderloin pieces in a large zip-lock freezer bag, and pour over the marinade. I generally prefer to marinate meat in zip-lock freezer bags as it ensures that the meat will be evenly coated. For this char siu recipe, it is best the marinate the meat overnight for maximum flavour. Char Siu Pork is also known as Chinese style BBQ pork is famous roasted pork dish.
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siew) instructions
- For the diy sauce for pork and spare ribs please view the attachment below.
- Marinate pork with meat tenderizer and sauce for pork for 20 minute.
- Bake the pork with half the sauce 180 C for 25 minute or longer depending on the thickness of pork.
- Turn pork and add balance sauce then bake for another 15 minute or longer depending on the thickness of pork.
- Remove pork then add 3tbsp of water on baking dish to dilute sauce bring it to a boil and then fully coat cooked pork with sauce.
- Below are few of my recipes using this chinese bbq,sauce (char siew sauce), i am glad to share with you https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334149-baked-soft-pork-rib-in-chinese-bbq-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/369030-chinese-brocoli-with-bbq-chinese-sauce-char-siew-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334649-salmon-in-chinese-bbq-sauce-char-siew-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335386-baked-chicken-in-chinese-bbq-sauce-char-siew.
It is featured not only by the yummy taste but also the light red color. In Chinese Char Siu is 叉烧 meaning roasted pork on certain of fork. In traditional Cantonese restaurants, the pork is hooked during the roasting process, which guarantee the uniform heating from different sides. A Classic Chinese Delicacy: Char Siew, Chinese Barbecue Pork 叉烧 "Char Siew " literally means "fork burn / roast" after the traditional cooking method for the dish. It is of Cantonese origin where pork meat is marinated and then roasted in the oven to a charred and sticky sweet perfection.