Salisbury Steak. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Steak Recipes on eBay.
It is a version of Hamburg steak Background. Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make. Method For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. You can have Salisbury Steak using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- It’s 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of Saltine Crackers.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- It’s 1 of Black Pepper.
- It’s tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 packages of Your Choice Gravy Mix or Homemade.
- Prepare 1 of small Onion, Chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of Bell Pepper, Chopped.
This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born. Watch how to make this recipe. For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. Salisbury steak involves making seasoned beef patties using mince / ground beef, then making a mushroom gravy.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- In a large bowl Mix all ingredients except for gravy mix, onions and peppers..
- Shape mixture into round patties..
- Fry the patties in a pan, with onions and peppers, flipping once, until done..
- While the patties are cooking. Cook the gravy in a separate pot. Follow the package directions..
- As the patties r done, remove from pan. Drain grease and clean the pan. Return patties to pan and top with the gravy, onions, and peppers..
- Enjoy :).
In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: Salisbury steak is an American take on Hamburg steak. Essentially, it's a seasoned ground beef patty served with gravy or a brown sauce. How to Make Salisbury Steak Start by mixing together the patty mixture, then shaping the patties and searing them in a skillet. Next, cook the mushrooms and onions, and add a simple sauce of tomato paste, mustard, and beef broth. Nestle the patties back into the skillet and let everything simmer until the patties are cooked through.