Our Recipe For Sushi Rice. Here is my recipe for the perfect sushi rice. You can eat this alone or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice. I use strips of carrots, cucumbers and slices of avocado.
Put the rice in the bowl of a rice cooker and add water up to the 'sushi rice' line (a bit less than the regular rice setting). Cook the rice in the rice cooker, using the sushi rice setting if you have it. Directions In a large bowl, add rice and cover with lots of water. You can have Our Recipe For Sushi Rice using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Recipe For Sushi Rice
- You need 1000 grams of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 5 cm of piece Kombu.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 7 tbsp of ★ Rice vinegar.
- You need 5 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of ★ Salt.
In large bowl, wash rice in several changes of cold water until water is clear. Cover saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Rinse rice in a bowl with a stream of fresh water until the water runs moderately clear. You want to remove some of the excess starch on the outside of the rice, so it is less sticky.
Our Recipe For Sushi Rice step by step
- Rinse the rice, and leave to drain in a fine meshed sieve for about 30 minutes. Put the rice in the bowl of a rice cooker and add water up to the 'sushi rice' line (a bit less than the regular rice setting). Add the konbu seaweed and 1 tablespoon of sake..
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker, using the sushi rice setting if you have it..
- Combine the ★ ingredients for the sushi vinegar in a pan, and cook over low heat until the sugar and salt melt while stirring. Leave to cool..
- Moisten a handai (a wooden sushi rice container) with vinegar, and wipe with paper towels. If you don't have a handai, use a deep bowl..
- Let the rice rest for about 5 minutes after it finishes cooking, then empty it out into the handai or bowl, mounding it up high in the center. Swirl in the sushi vinegar..
- Leave for 1 to 2 minutes, then mix with a rice paddle or spatula using a cutting motion, trying not to knead the rice..
- When the sushi vinegar is evenly distributed, spread it out while fanning it with a fan to cool it rapidly..
- Cover the rice with a tightly wrung out paper towel to prevent the surface from drying out, until it has cooled down..
- Use the sushi rice to make chirashi sushi, maki sushi (sushi rolls), and oshi sushi (pressed sushi), hand rolls, or whatever you like..
- Seefor Eel Oshizushi (pressed sushi) using this sushi rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170792-packed-eel-sushi.
- This is mackerel sushi using this sushi rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170791-how-to-cook-glutenous-millet.
Drain the water completely, then put the rice and two cups of water in a rice cooker. Seasoned sushi vinegar (sushi-su) is made of three basic ingredients: rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. For a more authentic taste, add a piece of kombu (seaweed). You can buy prepared seasoned vinegar at an Asian market, or make your own. Simply combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer until the sugar and salt dissolve.