Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie. We Create Gifts Suitable For All Budgets. Order Today For Super Fast Delivery! Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From.
Stir in the mince, breaking it up with the spoon. When it has turned brown, add the lentils and swede with the flour. I use sweet potatoes rather than ordinary potatoes as my daughter and I both love them, and they are healthier too.. You can have Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie
- You need 2 of Large Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- You need 2 of Large Zucchini.
- You need 2 of Celery stalks.
- It’s 1 package of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 Pound of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Basil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese mixture.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie As a child, shepherd's pie was one of my favorites. But now, having cut white potatoes out of our diet, I experimented with sweet potatoes in this dish for two. The result is different, but just as yummy! Shepherd's pie has endless variations – this tempting version uses Veggie Ground Round and is topped with sweet potato mash.
Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie instructions
- Wash all the veggies and drain..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a large casserole pan..
- Peel and slice two large baked potatoes. Set these aside in a bowl for the topping..
- Slice the top and bottom edges off the zucchini and discard. Slice the zucchini into quarters and then slice them into 1/4" pieces. Place these in a separate bowl from the sweet potatoes..
- Slice the rough top and bottom off the celery and discard. Cut the celery in half and the cut into 1/4" pieces. Place these in a bowl..
- Slice the mushrooms in half and the slice them into 1/4" pieces. Place these in the bowl with the celery..
- In a large skillet, brown the beef until it is pink in the middle. Making certain to chop the pieces while browning the meat. Drain the grease if there is any..
- Add mushrooms and celery to the skillet for 5 minutes and sauté..
- Add the zucchini and the seasonings to the ground beef mixture. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes..
- Place all of the ground beef mixture, veggies and seasonings into the prepared casserole dish. Drizzle the water over the mixture..
- Placed sweet potato slices over the mixture and cover with foil..
- Bake in the 350 oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes..
Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, make-ahead and meal prep friendly, and incredibly tasty weeknight dinner. It's complete with ground beef (or lamb), sneaky veggies, dried herbs, a touch of chili powder, and topped with a smooth layer of creamy, mashed sweet potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with ground lamb and mashed white potatoes, but this paleo version uses ground grass-fed beef topped with mashed sweet potatoes. Whether you're cooking for just yourself or a crowd, this is a great meal prep recipe that everyone loves. Cook this on the weekend and enjoy it for several nights.