Pasta Pie (Makaronopita). Download the app and order now! Food you never knew you wanted. Delicious Pasta food delivered by Deliveroo.
Place a frying pan over medium heat, add the butter, and let it melt. In a bowl add the pasta, the thyme, the eggs, the heavy cream, the feta cheese crumbled with your hands, the gruyere, pepper, and mix well. Spread two phyllo sheets into the baking pan so that they overhang and drizzle with butter. You can have Pasta Pie (Makaronopita) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta Pie (Makaronopita)
- You need 1 package of Pasta.
- Prepare 250 grams of Yogurt (if you can find Greek Yogurt it works better).
- You need 2 of Red bell Peppers (pepper of your chose chopped in cubes).
- You need 1 package of Phyllo dough.
- It’s 2 of Carrots (chopped in cubes).
- You need 2 of small onions diced.
- It’s 3 of medium size eggs.
- It’s 2 of Zucchinis (chopped into cubes).
- Prepare 250 grams of cheese (preferably salted).
- You need of Tomato sauce (homemade or store bought).
- You need of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
Greek Makaronopita (Pasta Pie) This pie is a speciality of the Agrinio region, which is towards the north west of the Greek mainland. The pasta that is used is the same as that used for Pastichio. Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water. Lightly beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
Pasta Pie (Makaronopita) instructions
- In a large frying pan saute the vegetables with Olive Oil. Saute until the vegetables are soft about 10 minutes on low heat. Once that is done add salt and set aside to add into the pasta later..
- I used small pasta for this recipe..
- Boil Pasta in salted water..
- In a large bowl add in the Pasta and the Yogurt mix until nicely blended. Add the cheese, vegetables, and tomato sauce, eggs and mix..
- Oil brush the baking pan and place 5 pieces of Phyllo dough, oil brush the top phyllo dough Continue by placing another 5 pieces of dough and oil brush..
- Add in the Pasta mix..
- Continue by placing and folding inwards the rest of the 5 pieces of Phyllo dough and oil brush. (You can use as many pieces of dough as you like).
- Oil brush the top piece, and beat 1 egg and brush so that you can get a crispy taste. Slant slice with a knife from top to bottom. Pre-heat oven 180 degrees and bake for 1 hr. 🙂 Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.
Add the milk, crumble the feta and add, along with the salt and pepper and mix. Drain the pasta when it is ready, put it back in tha pan and add the butter. I am trying to get myself organised again, and as they say trying to get into the groove of things. hahahaha. When ready, remove from oven and allow pasta pie to cool before serving. Rate this recipe You need to login.