German chocolate cake. No-Contact Delivery Orders at Select Bakeries. Order Online From Your Local Bakery to Indulge in a Delicious Bundt Cake Today. We Buy, Test, and Write Reviews.
Place the chunks of chocolate into the boiling water and stir until the chocolate has melted; set aside to cool. German Chocolate Cake is a sweet chocolate cake that is filled and frosted with rich, sticky coconut, and pecan filling. Despite its name, the cake isn't German at all. You can have German chocolate cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German chocolate cake
- Prepare of cake.
- It’s 4 oz of German sweet chocolate.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water, boiling.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 12 oz of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 4 of egg whites, beaten stiff.
- You need of frosting.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes.
- It’s 1 cup of pecans, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
For the German Chocolate Frosting: In a medium saucepan add brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, egg yolks, and evaporated milk. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, nuts and coconut. Allow to cool completely before layering it on the cake. German Chocolate Cake is Southern baking at its best.
German chocolate cake step by step
- Melt chocolate in boiling water,set aside. Cream butter and sugar, add yolks and beat well. Blend in vanilla and chocolate..
- Sift flour, salt and soda. Add to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Fold in beaten egg whites..
- Bake in 3 floured pans @350° for 35-40 minutes..
- Cream butter and sugar, add yolks and milk. Cook over medium heat about 12 min. stirring, until thick. remove from heat and add pecans, coconut,and vanilla..
This dessert remains just as popular today, thanks to its ridiculously rich Coconut-Pecan Frosting. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the batter.