Beer Bread By Blondie. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Slowly pour in can of beer.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Sift the flours into a mixing bowl and add the salt. You can cook Beer Bread By Blondie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer Bread By Blondie
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (I use 1 teaspoon sea salt since I'm not a salt lover).
- Prepare 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder (1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon).
- Prepare 1 bottle of beer (12 ounces) (I use Miller, but you can use another kind).
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted butter (1/2 stick).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil or oregano, or another spice of your choice (I usually use oregano or 1/2 oregano & 1/2 basil, or I don't use any at all) *optional*.
Pour in the beer, mixing as you do so, until the mixture is free of lumps. There are a few recipes for beer bread out there, but none as simple (and tasty!) as this one. You can even mix it in the baking pan for easy cleanup. This is sensational when served with soups or just as a snack, but don't expect it to be around very long when your family gets a taste of it!
Beer Bread By Blondie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and herbs (if using)..
- Add the beer and stir until blended..
- Put in a lightly greased bread loaf pan (5 X 9 or 4 1/2 by 8 1/2)..
- Bake for 1 hour..
- Combine the butter and garlic (if using)..
- Remove the bread from the oven..
- Pour the butter mixture over the top..
- Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing..
- The bread is can be eaten immediately, but it's a little easier to slice once it has cooled down..
Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt. Mix – Add granulated sugar, minced garlic (can substitute garlic powder in a pinch), melted butter and beer. If you're intimidated by the bread-making process, then beer bread might just be the recipe for you. Beer's natural bubbliness and yeasty flavor makes it perfect for producing fluffy and flavorful loaves of bread. Most of these beer bread recipes are quick breads, meaning they don't require yeast or rising times, so you can just mix up your batter and stick it in the oven.