Beef and lentil stew. Add tomatoes with juice, lentils, beef broth, rosemary, and browned beef pieces to the skillet and stir well. Pour the beef stock into the pot and add the lentils. Season the turnips with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and basil and add them to the pot.
Add lentils, tomatoes with juice, beef stock and browned beef pieces. Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, bay leaf and beef back to the dish. Stir well, then add the stock. You can have Beef and lentil stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and lentil stew
- You need of Large Bottom round roast.
- It’s 32 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 box of organic lentil soup.
- It’s 4 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 3 of large russet potatoes; cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white onion; chopped.
- It’s 5 cups of frozen vegetable medley.
- It’s 1 package of dried egg noodles.
- You need 1/8 cup of liquid amino acid.
- It’s 1/8 cup of tamari soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of each of.
- You need of Cumin.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- It’s of Tumeric.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 can of roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare of Couple tsp Salt and lots of cracked black pepper.
Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning to taste. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. Add the beef and cook for a couple of minutes, searing the meat on all sides. Seal the meat in a small amount of oil, add onions, garlic, bay leaf marmite and stock.
Beef and lentil stew step by step
- Set crock pot to low. Add broth, roast, tamari, amino acids, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, bay leaf, and can of roasted tomatoes. Cook for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion. Cook for 2 more hour; stirring intermittently..
- At this point, the meat wasn't as tender as I would have liked so I turned the heat setting to high, added noodles, and let cook for an addition hour and a half while stirring a bit more often so nothing stuck to the sides of my pot..
- Once the meat was tender enough to easily be pulled apart I sat my crock pot to warm and let cool for you 15 minutes..
- Thick, savory beef stew. Enjoy with crackers, preferably Ritz, and await impending nap. You're welcome..
Bring to pressure then turn off the heat and leave the pressure cooker on the stove and allow to come to normal pressure so that you can remove the lid. Soak the lentils in water overnight. Season the beef pieces generously with salt and black pepper. Cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery in a little spray oil in the pan until softened. Put vegetables in a casserole dish of your choice and heat gently on the hob.