Baked Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes. Your favourite Mediterranean restaurants available on Deliveroo. Low Prices on Bags For Potatoes. Delicious, fresh, healthy, and naturally vegan and gluten free.
Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet (or another baking sheet depending on size). Arrange potatoes cut-side down on one of the prepared sheets. Toss chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, and paprika together in a bowl; spread onto second sheet. You can cook Baked Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare 2 of large sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 60 g of tahini.
- You need 1/2 of a lemon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried dill.
- You need 3 of minced garlic cloves.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare 45 g of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 15 g of chopped parsley.
- It’s of Other half for the lemon juiced.
- It’s of Chilly garlic sauce (optional).
How To Make Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes Clean and dry the sweet potatoes then place them on a baking tray, pierce the skin a couple of times then rub each potato in olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven until the potatoes are cooked through. Mix together the cumin, sesame seeds, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Coat the sweet potato with a splash of oil and wrap in a sheet of foil.
Baked Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to about 250°c and in backing tray with tin foil.
- Wash potatoes and cut in half lengthwise leaves the kin on. Rub halves with olive oil on bot side and place on baking tray skin side up..
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. And toss in olive oil and all the spices (cumin, coriander, cinnamon and paprika).
- Place chickpeas in the same backing tray and put the tray in the oven and cook until sweet potatoes are soft, you can put a fork through with ease (about 30 minute).
- Meanwhile in a bowl ix together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, dill and water to make a garlic sauce. Add water to the bowl til it has a sauce texture, not too watery but not sticky.
- Next prepare the tomato topping, in a small bowl combined the chopped tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and chilly garlic sauce. Add as much garlic sauce as you want, depends on you liking. I added about a tablespoon..
- When the potatoes are ready take them out place two halves on each plate, skin side down,. And press them a little to create a small tear in the middle if the potato..
- Then place the chickpeas on top, place the tomatoes mixture and top with the garlic-tahini sauce..
- Serve immediately and enjoy :).
While the oven is preheating, prep the sweet potatoes. Scrub the potatoes, cut them in half (lengthwise), and place on a large sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and then rub the oil onto both sides of the potatoes. Baked sweet potatoes topped with roasted chickpeas, a killer garlic herb sauce and parsley-tomato garnish. So this sweet tooth craves for something healthy once in a while.