Gumbo 101. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! In Cajun cuisine, roux is made with bacon fat or oil instead of butter.
In restaurants, kitchens and cookbooks all over America, you find menu items masquerading as Louisiana Gumbo. More by the author: Though I come from Louisiana, I wasn't taught how to make gumbo as part of my upbringing. I had never made it at all until I moved to New England and began to crave it, and realized there was no place to get it. You can cook Gumbo 101 using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gumbo 101
- Prepare 1.5 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
- You need 1 tbs of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare 1 cups of Grapeseed Oil.
- Prepare 1 cups of All-purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 of md Yellow Onion.
- You need 2 of Green Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 4 of ribs Celery.
- It’s 8 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Jalepeño.
- You need 2 cups of Guiness Beer.
- It’s 8 cups of Low Sodium Chcken Stock.
- You need 5 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1.5 Lb of Andoiue Sausage.
- Prepare 6 of Green Onions.
Chicken Gumbo Cut up a whole fryer into serving pieces or use chicken breast, duck, wild game, sausage or shrimp. The meats can all be used in combination, one with the other or individually. Prepare three quarts chicken stock using water and Wyler's brand chicken granules or bouillon cubes or your own stock. This video talks in full detail on what you need to know about making a Gumbo from a New Orleans natives perspective.
Gumbo 101 step by step
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil in saute pan, seer chicken on both sides..
- Heat 1 cup Grapeseed Oil to pot on med-med high heat. Add 1 cup all-purpose flower. Stir continuasly for 15 min, until Roux is chocolate brown. Do not walk away, stir continuasly. Roux starts out blonde and will darken after 15 minutes on med-med high heat..
- Add diced bell pepper / onion / celery / jalapeño. Add Salt to bring out moisture in the vegetables..
- Once vegetables have sweated through and are slightly transparent, add minced garlic..
- When garlic starts to get fragrant add 2 cups of Guiness Beer. Let the alcohol cook out, approximately 3-5 min..
- Add 8 cups of low sodium chicken stock. Add bay leaves and fresh thyme.
- Add coin sized sausage and seared chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Let this simmer roll for 1 hour. This can simmer for longer if needed..
A delicious Cajun gumbo made with tilapia that will have your mouth watering for more. Catfish or cod can be used instead of tilapia. Okra – also known as ladies' fingers – is a staple in the American South, as well as in Indian, Caribbean and Middle Eastern cooking. Enjoy this easy but exotic fish stew! We'll be creating and breaking down a basic AI script that will get an NPC through combat.