Chicken Stew. Find Your Favorite Movies & Shows On Demand. Utterly comforting and delicious, and still really easy, chicken stew never fails to please. Try the Hairy Bikers' Chicken paprika, or Gennaro's classic Italian Chicken cacciatore.
Fry the onion and garlic for a few mins until soft, then pour in the stock and stir in the potato and herbs. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. This is a basic, easy stew made with chicken legs or chicken breasts. You can have Chicken Stew using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of pearled couscous.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh Rosemary.
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 6 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
I like to use a base of onions, celery, and carrots but you could really use any vegetables. Heat oil in a heavy pan over high heat and fry chicken until lightly golden. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Move them around the pan before adding the wine.
Chicken Stew step by step
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add onion and couscous cook 8-10 minutes until browned.
- Add rosemary and garlic stirring until fragrant.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Add spinach.
- Top with Parmesan and serve.
Turn down the heat, add the tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and pepper. This Chicken Stew is slow cooked in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavours. The smell that fills the house when it's in the oven is simply wonderful! Made with skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks, this Chicken Stew recipe is a firm favourite during the colder months along with Beef Stew, Pot Roast and Beef Bourguignon. Strip all the meat you can find off the chicken carcass, and put aside.