Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot). Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Sprinkle over with dry ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix.
Place your roast in the crockpot. Add your ranch dressing mix and au jus seasoning to all sides of the roast Add the pepperoncini's, pepperoncini liquid and the butter. Add the browned roast to the crockpot along with the rest of the seasonings, half of the pepperoncinis, and about ¼ cup of the pepper brine. You can cook Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot)
- Prepare 3-4 lb. of roast.
- You need 1 oz. of ranch dressing packet (powder).
- You need 1 oz. of onion soup envelope (powder).
- Prepare 1 stick of (or quarter lb.) of butter.
- You need 16 oz. of jar of pepperoncini, including apx. 2 TBS. of the juice from the jar.
When the meat is done, move the meat to a large bowl and shred it. Add in the rest of the sliced pepperoncinis and any solids from the slow cooker. Place roast in a slow cooker. Form a pocket in the top of roast and place butter, pepperoncini peppers, ranch dressing mix, and au jus mix in the pocket.
Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) instructions
- Place roast in the crockpot (slow cooker) Sprayed with cooking spray. Some people prefer to brown the meat first, but I find this isn’t necessary..
- Coat roast with the ranch powder mix and onion soup mix..
- Top with a stick of butter..
- Place pepperoncini around the roast and pour in the juice from the jar (about 2 TBS)..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours..
- After it’s cooked, shred with a fork, mix well and serve over mashed potatoes..
Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast is the best roast you'll ever taste! All you need is a beef roast, a packet of ranch dressing, a packet of Au Jus, a stick of butter and some peperoncini peppers. It's that easy and it's ALWAYS delicious! I had never heard of Mississippi Pot Roast, let alone, a Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast. Place the roast in a slow cooker.