Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou. Never Beaten On Price Or Quality, Plus Huge March Savings Today. Unwrap Something Worth Wrapping Up In This Winter, and Keep Cosy In Wearable Wool. Warm Never Looked (Or Felt) So Good.
Made these today to freeze for Thanksgiving. A quick & easy recipe for homemade buttermilk drop biscuits that are slightly crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with cheddar cheese + garlic flavor! Pair them with soup, stew, chili, pot pie, or roasted meats (like chicken, ham, or turkey) for the ultimate comfort food meal! You can cook Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter flavored shortening (original recipe called for lard).
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of softened butter.
Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the buttermilk. Mix gently with a spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened and the dough comes together into a lumpy ball. Using your fingers, work the shortening in with the flour in a large bowl until the flour appears crumbly, about the size of little peas. Stir in the buttermilk & shredded cheddar with a wooden spoon.
Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou instructions
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together..
- Mix the shortening in well and gradually add the buttermilk..
- Add the Cheddar and garlic.
- Knead until very smooth. On heavy board, roll to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with medium round cutter and bake about fifteen minutes in an oven heated to 450 °. Brush tops with butter. serve piping hot..
- Note: This is a HEARTY, dense biscuit. Don't expect light and fluffy..
Lightly dust your countertop with a little flour. Cheddar Bay Biscuits made with buttermilk and cheddar cheese. Theses biscuits are even better than Red Lobsters version. Brushed with garlic butter when they're fresh out of the oven, they are just so irresistible! And you don't even have to go to Red Lobster for them anymore!