Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe). Check Out Filipino Recipes On eBay. Nilagang Baka is a simple Filipino beef soup. There are many ways to prepare Nilagang Baka; this Nilagang baka recipe that I am featuring is probably the tastiest among the versions that I know because I used some sort of mirepoix to infuse flavor to the soup – I'm talking about the addition of onion, celery, and star anise in the initial step so that the soup will be flavorful even before.
When buying beef, it is also recommended to choose meat with some fat to improve the taste. This is a very popular Filipino comfort food that you can cook with ease. It's been raining hard since late this afternoon here in our neck of the woods, so I thought I'll update the photos and repost this nilagang baka recipe. You can cook Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe)
- It’s 1 of kl or half beef shank and tendon, cut into serving pieces.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes, quartered.
- You need 4 bunches of pechay.
- It’s 10 pcs of Baguio beans, ends trimmed.
- You need 1 of small cabbage, quartered.
- You need of salt/fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- You need 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
Because what better way to warm our bellies on a cold, rainy day than a piping-hot bowl of beef soup? Nilaga, which means "pinakuluan" or "boiled," refers to a type of Filipino meat and vegetable soup where. Nilagang Baka is a Filipino beef stew with variety of vegetable mix to it. Like the Bulalo recipe, this is a perfect dish during rainy days and cold season because of the hot soup it produces.
Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion..
- Add beef, water, salt/fish sauce and peppercorns. Cover and boil until beef is fork tender (more than one hour)..
- Add potatoes, corn and cook until tender..
- Add Baguio beans, pechay and cabbage and season with salt/fish sauce..
- Serve with fish sauce, sili and calamansi.
The main difference between the two is that Nilagang Baka uses the beef's meat with or without the bone while Bulalo uses specifically the beef shanks with bone marrow. Nilagang Baka is a Filipino beef soup cooked until the meat is fork tender. Nilagang baka can be made more delicious by adding various ingredients such as cabbage, petsay and other ingredients that are esteemed for making a dish more flavorful. You can even add siling labuyo if you want it to taste a little spicy. But then, this depends so much on what your preferred taste.