Chicken Parmesan Pockets. Buy now from our gourmet selection the best Parmigiano Reggiano PDO directly from Italy. Choose the quality, Italy has never been so close. Get just the right utensils for the job.
OOH LaLa doesn't this look good?! Well it is AND it's so easy to make. You can even make extra and freeze them. You can have Chicken Parmesan Pockets using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Pockets
- It’s 1 of yeast pizza dough.
- It’s 1/2 lb of chicken breast, cooked & diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced mozzarella, provolone or white American cheese.
- You need 1 large of egg, beaten + splash of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Perfect for a night you don't want to cook and easy enough for children to help. You could have different fillings to meet all your family's needs. Chicken Parmesan Pockets: Cook the chicken in a panini press or pan until lightly brown and thoroughly cooked. Let cool, and then shred with two forks (or your fingers), pulling against the grain of the meat.
Chicken Parmesan Pockets step by step
- Mix together cooked chicken and marinara sauce..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the pizza dough into 8 equal pieces. One at a time, roll out each piece of dough into a rectangle. *Pizza dough recipe below.* https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360062-yeast-pizza-dough.
- Place 1/2 a slice of cheese on dough, top with 1/8 of the chicken mixture then top with the other 1/2 of the cheese..
- Fold dough over leaving a little border to fold back over to create a seam..
- Using a fork, crimp each side of pocket. Place seam side down on foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Mix egg, splash of water and garlic powder together. Brush the egg wash all over the pockets..
- Bake for 10 mins. Remove and sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese over pocket. Place back in oven and bake for 10 additional mins..
- At this point either serve or as I do: cool to room temperature on baking sheet, wrap separately in plastic wrap and freeze until needed. Reheating in microwave oven for 2-3 mins or until heated through..
Mix the shredded chicken with one cup of the marinara sauce in a small bowl. Cover a cooking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the egg roll wrappers on a. Chicken Parmesan Foil Packets are a super easy summer meal! Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumbs to coat.