Amazing kheer. Learn how to make the most delicious kheer in an Instant Pot. It's a dump-and-stir recipe with just one step! When you want a quick, decadent treat, there is nothing like this Indian rice pudding.
I like this, but my husband and son didn't (too 'spicy' for them). But if you prefer ghee, then roast some nuts in that and add it to the kheer. Slow cooker: You can make kheer using either high or low setting. You can cook Amazing kheer using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amazing kheer
- You need 1 cup of soaked rice.
- Prepare 2 of jaggery nuggets.
- You need 2 cup of estimated water.
- Prepare of Cardamom powder half teaspoon.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
Rice cooker: Use a large rice cooker. Start with only half the milk. Add the rest gradually as the rice cooks and expands. Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert made using milk, rice and a sweetener.
Amazing kheer step by step
- First boil properly rice in water until it becomes softened and mashed easily.
- Check boiled rice are enough soft to cook in milk.
- Now cook this at low flame until rice swim at upper layer.it means rice mixed with milk properly.
- Now turn the gas off and put jaggery crushed in 1 cup hot water and mix well.
- Mix until it looks like jaggery syrup.then add it to boiled milk rice or kheer.mix properly now no need of boiling again.otherwise it will make curdled all dessert.
- Garnish with almond is optional.
Instead of rice it can also be made with other ingredients like vermicelli, sago and even with carrots. But rice kheer is the traditional one. Kheer is made by simmering rice in full fat milk until it is cooked. The chawal ki kheer made at the Padmanabha Swamy Temple in Kerala is world-famous. Made by simmering rice and milk in heavy, large bronze vessels for a long time, this rice kheer has a rich taste and attractive pink colour that comes out of the natural thickening of milk.