Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Grapefruit. Cut the lemon in half, squeeze the halves into a medium bowl and drop in the rinds. Pull the rough outer leaves off the artichoke. Pick off and reserve the fronds from the.
Great recipe for Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Grapefruit. Trim the top and bottom of the grapefruit, then use a paring knife to cut off all the pith and peel. Holding the grapefruit over the fennel and artichokes, cut out the segments between the membranes, letting them drop into the bowl. You can cook Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Grapefruit using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Grapefruit
- It’s 2 of ea. Fennel bulb.
- Prepare 2 of ea. Artichoke.
- It’s 1 of ea. Grapefruit.
- It’s 1 of ea. Avocado.
- It’s 2 oz. of Aged Mahon Cheese.
- It’s 1 oz. of Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette.
- It’s of Coarse sea salt to taste.
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper to taste.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
Squeeze all the juice you can from the membranes, then discard. Cut the segments into thirds; set aside. We segmented a grapefruit into supremes (reserving the juice), thinly sliced the fennel, and peeled and thinly sliced an artichoke. This was all lightly dressed in a dijon, walnut oil, and grapefruit juice vinaigrette.
Fennel and Artichoke Salad with Grapefruit instructions
- Pick off and reserve fennel fronds..
- Run fennel on a mandolin to thinly slice..
- Clean artichoke and thinly slice on a mandolin..
- Toss fennel and artichokes in a large mixing bowl with vinaigrette to prevent oxidation..
- Trim top and bottom of grapefruit, then peel and cut segments into Supremes and combine with artichoke/fennel mixture..
- Plate on a large platter, season with more vinaigrette, sea salt and pepper..
- Add thinly sliced avocado..
- Add shaved aged Mahon cheese..
- Garnish with fennel fronds..
- Finish with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain..
Next up, we focused on spaghetti squash. We halved the squash, scooped out the seeds, and seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive. Place grapefruit slices and any leftover juices in a bowl. Stir in onion, fennel, and hearts of palm, coating with the grapefruit juice. Pour mixture into another bowl, leaving a small amount of juice in the first bowl.