The Best Beef stroganoff. Easy, Effective and Delicious Weight Loss Programmes. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
This classic creamy beef stroganoff recipe is made with mushrooms, smoked paprika and slices of pan-fried rump steak. It is also still filling without the rice, should you want to reduce the. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. You can have The Best Beef stroganoff using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Best Beef stroganoff
- It’s 1 lb of round steak.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of shortening.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 can of mushrooms, 6 oz.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato soup, undiluted.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcheshire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tabasco sauce.
- You need 1/2 of diced green pepper.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high. The first ingredient that sprung to mind when beef stroganoff was mentioned (OK, the third thing, after beef and sour cream) was brandy; it just seemed like one of those classic dinner-party. Mix the paprika, lemon zest, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper together, and use to dust the beef. In a large frying pan over a medium-low heat, fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
The Best Beef stroganoff instructions
- cut meat into cubes, cover with flour and spices.
- brown meat.
- mix all other ingredients in crock pot, stir well.
- add meat, covet n cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- serve over egg noodles or potatoes.
Turn up the heat and add the mushrooms and butter, sautéing until the mushrooms are golden brown, then tip onto a plate Heat oil in large skillet and brown beef in single layer (make two batches if necessary). Remove beef from pan and keep warm. It's important to remove the beef as soon as it's lightly browned – don't worry about cooking through, because it will cook through when returned to the sauce. In same pan, saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Season the meat with salt and pepper and set it aside for a few minutes.