Honey Garlic Chicken – Slow Cooker. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Get just the right utensils for the job.
Combine the remaining ingredients into a bowl then pour over the chicken. In a medium mixing bowl or very large measuring cup, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, chili paste, garlic, and rice vinegar. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker. You can cook Honey Garlic Chicken – Slow Cooker using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey Garlic Chicken – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 1 tsp. of sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of water.
Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic and basil together in a bowl; pour over the chicken thighs. Put everything APART FROM the cornflour, into the slow cooker (crock pot). When the chicken is tender and falling apart, scoop out a couple of tablespoons of the liquid and mix into the cornflour in a small bowl or mug. Baste with sauce half way through cooking.
Honey Garlic Chicken – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease a slow cooker and lay the chicken it in. Sprinkle the onion over the top..
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, honey, sriracha, ginger and basil. Pour that mixture over the top of the chicken and onions..
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours OR on high heat for 3-4 hours..
- Once it's finished, remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred it. Then mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl to form a slurry and stir that in to the remaining sauce in the slow cooker..
- Stir the chicken back into the sauce and place the lid back on. Let it cook on high heat for 15 or so more minutes, until the sauce thickens up a bit..
- After that you're ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge..
Transfer chicken onto serving dish and tent loosely with foil. Instructions In a small bowl, mix together the honey, tomato puree, soy sauce, rice vinegar and water. Stir through the spring onions and crushed garlic. Pop the chicken breasts into the bottom of the slow-cooker bowl, and cover with the sauce. Instructions Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.