Grilled Jerk Chicken. Free Delivery No Minimum Order & Same Day Dispatch From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Directions In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken pieces.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove the chicken from the marinade; reserve. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. You can have Grilled Jerk Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Jerk Chicken
- You need 4-6 of each chicken, breast or thighs 6 oz. each (delicious with pork :).
- It’s of salt -to lightly season the chicken before it is marinaded.
- Prepare 2-3 ounces of lime juice-fresh is best- 2-3 limes.
- Prepare 3 ounces of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ginger,powdered or 1 tablespoon fresh peeled and chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic-chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of each scotch bonnet or habanero chilies wear gloves and take out the seeds for less heat.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cilantro -no stems.
Lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over the grates several times until glossy and coated. Place the chicken on the grill skin side down, making sure it is well coated with marinade for maximum flavor (discard any leftover marinade). The spiciness of the Grilled Jerk Chicken pairs wonderfully with the sweetness and creaminess of the coconut rice. To complete this great meal, consider adding a squeeze of my tasty Balsamic Vinegar Glaze over the chicken and some Oil and Vinegar Coleslaw on the side.
Grilled Jerk Chicken step by step
- Season the chicken lightly with salt.
- Mix the entire jerk marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute..
- Place the chicken and jerk marinade in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag and let sit for at least 1 hour more time adds more flavor. (This can marinate overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade an save the leftover marinade…you can brush the chicken with it just before you are done grilling..
- On a moderate heated grill Cook until the the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 -170 degrees F.. Use the left over marinade and brush over the chicken 3 minutes before it is finished..
- Cooking Notes -We also did this in a 350 degree oven and had very good results. Charcoal grill is my favorite !!!.
What is Jerk Seasoning Made Of? Jerk chicken is made of a large blend of spices. Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour the jerk marinade into the bag (s). When ready to grill, take the chicken out an hour before grilling. Sprinkle some extra allspice and salt onto each piece.