Grilled Hawaiian Chicken. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl.
Rotate them a little bit midway through each side if you want a nice crosshatch grill mark (this is optional). Flip the chicken, baste the cooked side with the sauce, and add the pineapple rings to the grill to start cooking those. When the pineapple gets grill marks, flip them and baste with the sauce. You can cook Grilled Hawaiian Chicken using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Hawaiian Chicken
- You need of Meat.
- You need 3 lb of Chicken Thighs, Boneless Skinless.
- You need of Produce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped White Onion.
- It’s of Canned Goods.
- Prepare 1 can of 13.5 Coconut Milk.
- Prepare of Condiments.
- You need 2 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Liquids.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- You need of Oil's & Vinegars.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- You need of Baking & Spices.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
Grease and preheat grill to medium heat. Grilled Huli Huli Chicken Tips What does huli huli mean in Hawaiian? Huli means to turn or reverse. Cooking time will vary on thickness of chicken.
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken step by step
- remove any visible fat from the chicken thighs..
- whisk the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl. add the chicken thighs and marinate the chicken overnight..
- heat the grill to high. add the chicken and turn down to low. grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side or until done..
- serve over rice.
Brush both sides of pineapple slices with vegetable oil and add to the grill towards the end of the cooking time. Garnish grilled chicken with green onions and serve over rice. Arrange the pineapple and chicken on a serving plate. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the chicken bouillon, barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, oil, honey, garlic, ginger and black pepper. Pour ¾ of the marinade over the chicken and toss to coat well – reserve ¼ to baste when grilling.