Cajun Sausage Pistolettes. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, set aside. In a large skillet, saute onions, bell peppers, celery and sausage until veggies are softened and sausage is thoroughly cooked and slightly browned. Cook sausage and drain off the grease.
I like em much better baked! They are very addicting and I think taste even better the next day. They have Crawfish, Crab, Shrimp, Alligator, Beef-n-Cheese w/Jalapeno, and Eggs-n-Sausage, w/cheese pistolettes. You can have Cajun Sausage Pistolettes using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Sausage Pistolettes
- Prepare 1 of -14 oz pkg andouille sausage (or any sausage of choice), diced into small pieces.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter, (1 tbsp butter melted for brushing tops of rolls).
- It’s 1/2 of sweet onion or yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 of ribs celery, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 4 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of -10 1/2 oz can cream of celery soup.
- Prepare 1 lb of Velveeta (half block) or 1 jar of Cheese Whiz.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 12 of -18 small pistolette rolls, french bread rolls or brown and serve rolls (unsplit) **You can really use any kind of roll for this recipe thats large enough to stuff. Be creative!**.
Cooking times will vary depending upon equipment used. New Orleans food delivered to your door. Make Cajun groceries online with CajunGrocer.com. Cajun Grocer has all the cooking, kitchenware, crawfish, seasoning, and Mardi Gras accessories to properly authenticate your next Cajun celebration.
Cajun Sausage Pistolettes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, set aside..
- In a large skillet, saute onions, bell peppers, celery and sausage until veggies are softened and sausage is thoroughly cooked and slightly browned. Drain grease..
- Add the garlic, green onions and parsley. Saute another 2 or 3 minutes..
- Add the cream of celery soup,Velveeta, black pepper and cajun seasoning. Mix well and stir frequently over medium low heat until cheese is fully melted. Set aside..
- Slice the tip off of each roll and cut out or spoon out the bread inside. Save the end that was cut off because it will be reattached once filled. **Keep the tips with the rolls they were sliced off of so that they match up and fit properly back onto the roll.**.
- Mix the flour and water to form a paste. Set aside..
- Fill each roll with the cheese sausage filling carefully not to overfill..
- Brush the tip of the roll that was cut off with the flour paste and the outter edges of the filled roll where it was cut. Press tips back onto the rolls to form a whole roll again..
- Place filled whole rolls onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush each roll with the melted butter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
Stir in the chopped onion, bell pepper, green onions, and garlic. Pour in the evaporated milk and bring to a simmer. Description: Pistolettes are much like a traditional French bread, but they are sized for individual servings. We stuff with a delicious, flavorful mix of Eggs, Fresh Cajun (non-smoked) Pork Sausage! All of the "Cajun Trinity" flavors are here; onion, bell peppers, and garlic!