Beef Stew – Slow Cooker. Low Prices on Fast Slow Cooker Pro. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Clean out the frying pan and fry the beef in the remaining oil in batches until it is well browned, then tip each batch into the slow cooker. Pour the just-boiled water into a heatproof measuring jug, add the stock cube, tomato purée and yeast extract.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper; pour over meat and stir to coat beef with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef stock, potatoes carrots, and celery. Tip half the beef and its marinade into the slow cooker. You can have Beef Stew – Slow Cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Stew – Slow Cooker
- You need 2-2 1/2 lb of top round beef roast.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onion, peeled and cut into large chunks.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- You need 4-5 of large carrots, peeled and sliced in large chunks.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb. of russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1 in. chunks.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth or stock.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each cayenne pepper, smoked paprika.
Add in the carrots, then tip the rest of the beef on top. Put the beef on top of the vegetables. Slice the potatoes into quarters and press down the side of the slow cooker. Low and long is the preference for the best slow cooker beef stew.
Beef Stew – Slow Cooker instructions
- Cube up your beef, removing any large pieces of fat, into about 1 inch pieces. You can brown them on the stove first if you like, but honestly I don't bother to do so..
- Grease a large (6 quart) slow cooker and place all the ingredients in. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 6-8 hours, or until the veggies are soft and the beef is fall-apart tender..
- Serve immediately once it's ready and enjoy!.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew In a frying pan over high heat, add the oil. Once browned, place the meat to the side. You can use stew meat for beef stew (obviously), but we prefer bottom round beef roast. Remove with a slotted spoon to the slow cooker after each batch. Add the stock to the pan, scraping up brown bits.