Grilled chicken fajitas. Place chicken and peppers (cut-sides down) on the preheated grill. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips. Arrange the chicken and peppers on a platter and set out with all the fixins, like guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
Remove meat and vegetables from the grill. To make the grilled chicken fajitas: Combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and chili in a large shallow plate or bowl; mix together. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. You can cook Grilled chicken fajitas using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken fajitas
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Fajita seasoning – (see my other recipe on Fajitas seasoning).
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of fresh lime juiced.
- You need 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 12 of flour tortillas.
- It’s of toppings.
- Prepare of Shredded Cheese Pico de Gallo Guacamole Sour Cream Salsa Salsa Verde.
Put a griddle pan on a high heat. Halve, deseed and slice the pepper into thin strips, then peel, halve, and finely slice the onion. Slice the chicken lengthways into long strips, roughly the same size as the pepper strips. Put the peppers, onion, and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin.
Grilled chicken fajitas step by step
- Filet the chicken and place in a bag or gallon size freezer bag. Season with the fajita seasoning and shake to coat. Drizzle the oil over chicken. Squeeze the lime over the chicken. Stir to combine. Let it marinate for at least 20 minutes..
- Place the chicken on the preheated grill. Grill over medium-high heat for 20 minutes until finished. cut the bell peppers into quarters and place on the grill. Slice the onions into fat rings and place on the grill.(Iam using a grill sheet).
- Grill the peppers and onions for 5 minutes or until they are to the tenderness you like. When chicken and peppers are finished, remove from the grill and slice. Place the tortillas on the grill to warm. I like to place them on the lower rack so they get beautiful grill marks on the tortillas. Assemble and serve with any of your favorite fajita toppings. Enjoy!.
- Notes- season peppers with some Olive oil and Fajita seasoning. This is just how i grill my peppers and a few other veggies. (and I change the seasoning depending on what Iam making.)… the recipe didn't call to do this, this is my own personal touch..
- (i dont like hard tortilla shells so,grill marks don't matter to me, to each their own.).
- Notes- i cut my one chicken strip in half and used it for one fajita, easier that way).
My favorite way to cook chicken is over a grill. You get that delicious browning from the campfire on the outside that seals in all the moisture on the inside. This pre-made simmer sauce is the time-saving star of this meal. Griddled chicken fajitas with squashed avocado. So easy to make, and so quick.