Vichyssoise Recipe. Add thyme, marjoram, bay leaf and stir well. Try this cooking class now Watch Class Melt the butter in the pressure cooker pot over medium-low heat. Drain the potato pieces and add to the pot along with the simmering chicken broth.
Put the leeks, potatoes, celery and onions in a pot. Add mineral water to cover and season with salt and pepper. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer until very tender. You can cook Vichyssoise Recipe using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vichyssoise Recipe
- It’s 4 medium of Potatoes.
- You need 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 400 ml of Water.
- Prepare 2 of Soup stock cubes.
- Prepare 400 ml of Milk.
- You need 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of White pepper.
Puree and strain into a glass. This is a simple take on a classic cold soup that is as delicious to eat as it is to say: Vishi-swazz! It is dead easy to make as well. Just sauté potatoes with some chopped leeks,.
Vichyssoise Recipe instructions
- Thinly slice the onion. Slice potates thinly as well to shorten cooking time. Soak them in water and drain..
- Heat the butter in a pan to melt. Cook the onion over the low heat until wilted. Do not burn them..
- Add potatoes, and stir to coat all the ingredients with oil. Add water and soup stock cubes. Cover with a lid and cook over the low heat until the potatoes are soft..
- Cool the mixture down a bit, and blend it in a blender until smooth..
- Pour the mixture back into the pan. Add milk and heat not to let it boil. Add heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Cool down in the refrigerator..
- The thickness of the soup will depend on the size of onion and potato slices, as well as how long you keep it over the heat. Add milk to your taste if necessary..
- It looks good if you serve the soup in a chilled glass or coffee cup. I sprinkled parsley on top..
I've never made a classic French soup before, so I was excited to try Julia's vichyssoise recipe. The biggest chore for this recipe is prepping the ingredients. DIRECTIONS I a large, heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add potatoes and cook for a minute or two, stirring a few times. Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.