Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta. Taste the creamy Cajun sauce and add salt to your liking. Lastly, add cooked pasta into the sauce and stir well to coat pasta with the cream sauce. Taste it at this point and adjust any seasoning (salt and Cajun seasoning).
Then cut and prep the vegetables, onions, andouille sausage and chicken. Cajun-style blackened chicken is cooked first. Add Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and heavy cream. You can cook Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta
- It’s 8 oz of penne pasta.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3-4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 13 oz of cajun sausage.
- Prepare 8 oz of white button mushrooms (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced small.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning to taste.
- You need of Italian seasoning to taste.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste optional.
- You need of Creamy Parmesan Sauce.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of greek yogurt or heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Sea salt to taste.
- Prepare Dash of parsley.
Then add the shredded Parmesan cheese and cook until melted and simmering. Once simmering, add cooked pasta, chicken and sausage. My Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta recipe is absolutely delicious! Cajun seasoned chicken thighs and Cajun smoked sausage that are sautéed with onions and mushrooms.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Sausage Pasta step by step
- Boil pasta in salty water. Drain and set aside..
- Chicken, sausage, mushrooms and onions: ▪︎Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, Cajun and Italian seasoning. Do not slice chicken yet. You will be cooking it whole. ▪︎Sausage: slice into ¼ inch circles and slice mushrooms. Cut up onion..
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp butter and melt it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add whole chicken thighs and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate and slice into strips..
- Add sliced sausage pieces and brown them on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until darker in color around the edges. Remove from the skillet onto a plate..
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of water and add 2tbsp butter and sliced mushrooms and onions into the skillet add more butter as well if needed. Saute your onions and mushrooms until they look moist and dark. Once cooked good remove them from the pan as well..
- The saucey part: To make the sauce, add remaining 1 tbsp butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Next add chicken broth, worcestershire sauce and greek yogurt or heavy cream and bring to a light simmer. Add Cajun seasoning, paprika and garlic powder and mix into the sauce..
- Add parmesan cheese and whisk to blend for 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt if needed..
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce and mix in well. Next add the chicken, sausage, onions and mushrooms back into the pan and allow them to reheat for 2-3 minutes. Close the lid for it to remain hot! Top with parsley, serve immediately and enjoy!!.
The sauce is made with Greek yogurt to get that creamy sauce over pasta. This recipe has that Cajun Kickin Pop! #cajun Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. CRIMSON & CREAMY Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta This ultimate spicy and savory chicken and sausage pasta has the perfect kick without the fuss of high-fat ingredients such as pork sausage. With the use of turkey sausage, chicken, and an array of specially blended spices this dish is flavor-packed and sure to fill up your family. Namely, Cajun seasoning, Paprika and Garlic powder.