Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak. Low Prices on Crock Pot Digital. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Coat the meat on both sides and transfer to a plate. Browned round steak is tossed in a slow cooker with vegetables, seasonings, and tomato juice and cooked until the meat is tender.
Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak. It's of large chopped sweet onion. You can cook Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak
- Prepare 2 lbs of boneless round steaks.
- You need 1 of large chopped sweet onion.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of sliced carrots-drained.
- It’s 2 pkg of brown gravy mix.
- It’s 2 of pouches instant potatoes your choice of flavor.
Prepare of crushed red pepper flakes. See recipes for Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak too. How to make swiss steak: Shake the steaks in flour in a gallon size zip lock bag to coat the steaks thoroughly with the flour. Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium high heat.
Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak instructions
- Place steaks, onion, water, beef bouillon cubes, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and the can of diced tomatoes into crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. Meat should be fork tender..
- Take meat out of crockpot and cut into bite size pieces. Return meat to crockpot and add the can of carrots (drained) and the 2 pkg of brown gravy mix. Continue to cook for 2 more hrs on low..
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes as per directions on pouches. I usually use the garlic and herb flavored packets..
- Once instant potatoes are prepared put spoonfuls of the potatoes on top to the steak mixture right in the crockpot. Turn crockpot on warm until ready to serve. If desired you can add some shredded cheese on top..
Browned round steak is tossed in a slow cooker with vegetables, seasonings, and tomato juice and cooked until the meat is tender. Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak boneless round steaks • large chopped sweet onion • water • beef bouillon cubes • onion powder • crushed red pepper flakes • diced tomatoes • sliced carrots-drained Spray inside of crock with non stick spray and lay steaks on the bottom. Add broth or water until half of steak is sitting in the liquid (will vary depending on how large your pot is) Sprinkle everything with dry soup mix. Crockpot Swiss Steak with Potatoes, Carrots & Green Beans Crockpot Swiss Steak is a vintage recipe with a new spin. Slow cooking round steak results in a fork-tender cut of beef that pairs perfectly with carrots, potatoes and green beans for a complete meal.