Custard Rice Pudding. Homemade pudding recipes DIRECTIONS Beat eggs and salt a little, add sugar then milk with splash of vanilla essence (optional). Put rice or sago in a. Extra Info: The milk in New Zealand is not watered down, still has cream in it, making it a creamy rice pudding.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and remaining milk; stir into the rice mixture. Mix all ingredients well, except nutmeg. Pour into shallow baking dish and sprinkle with nutmeg. You can cook Custard Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Custard Rice Pudding
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanillia.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 4 cups of cooked minute rice (2 cups dry).
- It’s 2 cups of water (for rice).
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Cook according to package directions, making sure all water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Beat eggs slightly, add sugar, vanilla, and salt.
Custard Rice Pudding step by step
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 9×13 pan that is half full of water under the rack you will cook the rice. Let the pan heat with the oven..
- Follow the minute rice directions and prepare rice in the microwave..
- In a dish, add eggs, sugar and salt. Beat slightly to mix..
- Stir in milk, and add vanillia..
- Pour the mixture into a 3 qt baking dish, and add the cooked rice and 1 cup of raisins and stir gently..
- Gently sprinkle nutmeg on top to taste..
- Place in the oven over the pan of water. Cook at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. When finished it should look gelatinous..
Beat the eggs and sugar together. Slowly pour in the milk and cream and mix well. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and mix well. Add the rice and raisins and stir to combine. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.