Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Low Prices on Vegetable Soup Cup.
Add water, stock cubes, sugar, pepper, tomatoes and beef/barley mixture. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the oil, onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Add the beef stock, barley, bay leaf and thyme and simmer until barley is softened but not mushy. You can have Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup
- You need 1 pound of Beef Bottom Round Steak (Thin).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Flour.
- You need 4 teaspoons of Course Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Oil (olive or avocado).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 Stalks of Celery (minced).
- You need 4 of Carrots (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of Red Wine.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 6 cups of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 4 of New Potatoes (diced).
- You need 1 can of Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of Green beans.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (leaves).
- You need 3 teaspoons of Season Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Quick Barley.
- You need 1 package of Brown Gravy.
- You need 2 of Green Onions.
Add the wine, potatoes and beef. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Saute carrots, celery, onion, and frozen mixed vegetables until tender. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup instructions
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots to 5 or 6 quart pot on medium/high heat..
- Chop beef into 2 inch strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and cover in flour. Add beef to pot with vegetables and cook until brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add red wine and soy sauce to pot and stir to deglaze. Add beef broth, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, to pot and bring to a boil..
- Add cumin, oregano, and season salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Stir gravy package into soup and add barley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add green onions to soup and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve..
In a large skillet, brown beef in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and bouillon. In a large soup pot, bring the stock or broth to a simmer. Add the browned beef and rinsed barley, cover, and return to a full simmer. Add back in the beef, along with the butternut squash, potatoes, mixed herbs, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, pearl barley and stock and little salt and black pepper.