The easiest chicken pot pie. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order.
Peel and roughly chop the onions, adding them to the larger pan as you go. Homemade chicken pot pie is comfort food at its best. This easy-to-make version lets you prep the pie and make the gravy while the chicken roasts in the oven. You can have The easiest chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The easiest chicken pot pie
- You need 1 medium of onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 large of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1/2 of cup peas and sweetcorn.
- Prepare 1 of butter, to saute.
- Prepare 1 of salt, freshly ground pepper, and thyme top season.
- It’s 500 grams of chopped chicken fillets.
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes, chopped into bite Size chunks.
- You need 1 envelope of vegetable / chicken and veg or mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 of roll of puff pastry.
- It’s 1 of bit of flour to coat the pie pan.
Make it even easier on yourself by using frozen vegetables, rotisserie chicken, and store-bought puff pastry rather than pie dough. This has to be the easiest Chicken Pot Pie Recipe on earth. The heat from the filling will help set the crust. Bake the pie on a lower rack in the oven.
The easiest chicken pot pie instructions
- Saute onions in butter, and a little oil if you like, until soft..
- Add chopped carrots and potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Thereafter add chicken and season well with salt, pepper, thyme and any seasoning of your choice.
- Add peas and sweetcorn.
- Add one cup of water, or enough to just cover the chicken and vegetables.
- Once the potatoes are nearly soft, mix an envelope of powdered soup of your choice in about half a cup of water until there's no lumps..
- Add to the pot and stir until the sauce is thick..
- Roll out puff pastry and cut in half. Place one half on the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, which has been sprinkled with flour to prevent Sticking..
- Bake the pastry in a 180°F oven for about 5 minutes or until it starts to puff.
- Remove pastry base from oven and add the chicken and veg filling ontop. Place the remaining layer of pastry over the filling, and seal the edges..
- Brush pastry with a little bit of milk or egg and bake in the oven at 180°F until golden brown..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
Since heat is concentrated at the bottom, placing the potpie on the lowest rack ensures the bottom of the crust will bake up crisp and golden brown. Should I poke holes in the bottom of the pie crust? You can cook your chicken any way you prefer. Chicken pot pie is one of those old-fashioned dinners that's just so satisfying to make – and eat! Here's how to make it: Cook the chicken and celery.