Shepherd Chicken Pot Pie. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Browse our great range of cookware.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Place the diced potatoes in a medium pot and fill with cold water. While the potatoes cook, in a medium pan or pot that will hold the chicken, bring the stock and wine to a simmer over medium-high heat. You can have Shepherd Chicken Pot Pie using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 3 of boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 box of french onion rings.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 can of mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 can of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of light red kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 can of alfredo sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 can of milk.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1/2 packages of waffle fries.
- You need 1 packages of shredded cheese(any flavor).
For the chicken melt butter in a large pot. Brown chicken on medium high heat. Remove from pan and set aside. In remaining butter sauté vegetables until just beginning to brown.
Shepherd Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat eggs together..
- Put French onion rings in ziploc bag and crush up..
- Roll each chicken breast in egg and shake in bag of onions one at a time. Make sure each piece is well coated. Place chicken in 13×9 pan..
- Open and drain mixed vegetables, mushrooms, and beans. Put in bowl. Add jar of Alfredo sauce. Fill jar with milk, shake and pour in bowl. Mix.
- Pour vegetable mixture on top of chicken in the pan..
- Top pan with enough waffle fries to cover top. Cover fries with cheese till covered..
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check chicken. Juices will run clear. Bake additional time if needed..
The shepherd's guild took pity on the clucker's plight and welcomed them into the guild and that is how chicken shepherd's pie was created.-Source: Fractured Facts & Fairy Tales. As for why it is called Pate Chinois in Quebec, maybe I can help (living in Quebec and all!)… legend has it. Shepherd's Pie is usually ground beef or other red meat mixed with veg and gravy, topped with mashed potatoes which are lightly browned in the oven. Chicken Pot Pie is made with chicken, veg, and gravy, topped with a crust of some sort. Usually pie crust, but might be puff pastry, or biscuits.