Homemade chicken pot pie. Browse our great range of cookware. Enjoy a free UK delivery on eligible orders! Check Out How To Make Chicken Pie On eBay.
Pour into the pre-baked pie crust. Cut slits in the remaining pie crust and place it on top of the pie, crimping the edges to seal and decorating them with tongs or a fork, if desired. Peel and roughly chop the onions, adding them to the larger pan as you go. You can have Homemade chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade chicken pot pie
- Prepare 1 packages of ready made pie crusts.
- It’s 1 packages of mixed vegetables.
- It’s 3 medium of potatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 dash of onion powder.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 each of cubed chicken breasts (I used leftovers).
I have been looking for a recipe for chicken pot pie that is easy and I can make lactose free. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Maybe next time I will substitute fresh vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, squash, carrots. I will definitely make this again.
Homemade chicken pot pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425..
- Put potatoes and vegetables in microwave safe bowl and heat until vegetables are tender. About 5-7 minutes..
- Roll out the pie crust in a pie pan..
- Mix all remaining ingredients and put in pie pan..
- Cover with remaining pie crust..
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown. I covered the edges with aluminum foil so the edges did not get too brown..
- Remove from oven. Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes. Then serve and enjoy..
Can you use a second pie crust as a bottom for the chicken pie. Grease a large baking dish with butter and grease one side of a large piece of parchment with butter. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper then place in. Chicken Pot Pie: Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper.