Shepard’s pie 🥧. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Shepards Pie On eBay. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
A simple supper that's got all the elements of the ultimate comfort food. Scrape all the meat off the lamb bone and put through a mincer with the carrot, celery, parsley, shallots and leftover gravy and fat from the roasting tin. Drain and leave to steam dry, then add the butter, grate in half the cheese, season to perfection with salt and pepper, mash well and cool completely. You can have Shepard’s pie 🥧 using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepard’s pie 🥧
- It’s of Filling:.
- You need of ground beef or venison.
- You need of yellow onion diced.
- It’s of carrots diced.
- You need of celery diced.
- Prepare of portobello mushrooms diced.
- It’s of golden sweet corn.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of flour or 1 tablespoon corn starch.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of sazon packet (not a necessity but I use it in everything).
- You need of beef broth.
- You need of beef bouillon cube.
- It’s of worstichire sauce.
- It’s of 100% grape juice (NOT CONCENTRATE).
- Prepare of small can tomato paste.
- It’s of green onion diced.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- You need of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- It’s of sour cream.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of paprika.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- Prepare of softened cream cheese.
- You need of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- You need of green onions diced.
Shepherd's pie, cottage pie, or hachis Parmentier is a ground meat pie with a crust or topping of mashed potato; it is most likely of English origin. The dish has many variants, but the defining ingredients are ground red meat cooked in a gravy or sauce with onions, and a topping of mashed potato. Sometimes other vegetables are added to the filling, such as peas, sweetcorn. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie – AKA Shepards Pie or Cottage Pie. Ground Beef (or lamb) with vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with cheesy mashed potatoes and baked.
Shepard’s pie 🥧 step by step
- Take the diced onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms and place in a skillet on medium heat with butter and sauté until semi soft. About 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef or venison and cook until done..
- Mix in flour and cook one minute. Stir in everything else on the list for filling and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to simmer cover and cook 30 minutes..
- Mash the potatoes and stir in all the other ingredients for the potatoes..
- In a kettle wash and dice potatoes and cook until fork tender. And drain all water. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes..
- Heat oven to 375 and pour filling in a lightly greased baking dish. Top with potatoes and cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes until potatoes are golden brown on the edges and bubbly. You can pop it under the broiler for 3-4 minutes to make the cheese and potatoes extra toasty then top with green onion!.
Gordon's take on a real British classic. It's all in flavouring the mince. From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word#GordonRamsay #Cooking Gord. Add the leftover lamb, stock, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and tomato purée, then season. Place the lamb in a large pot or casserole dish with a little oil and cook until nicely browned.