Burrito Enchiladas. Enchilada Style Burritos is an easy to make and delicious meal where piping hot tortillas are stuffed with cheese, enchilada sauce, beans and rice, and served with delectable sides. Be sure to try this out if you love Mexican food. Course: Entree, Main Course Enchiladas consist of a large corn tortilla, which is used to hold in the different fillings.
Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom. Roll each burrito and place in casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce atop each tortilla. You can cook Burrito Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Burrito Enchiladas
- It’s 5 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of large yellow onions; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of recipe "Mexican Dry Rub".
- You need 20 oz of diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- You need 3 C of salsa.
- Prepare 1.5 C of refried beans.
- It’s 1 C of shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- It’s 1.5 C of cooked Spanish rice.
- It’s 6 of large flour tortillas.
- You need 28 oz of Colorado red chile enchilada sauce.
- You need as needed of cilantro & lime.
While there are many regional varieties of burritos, the dish essentially consists of a flour tortilla that's tightly wrapped around your choice of fillings, usually some combination of meat (ground beef and chicken being ever popular), and refried beans. In a baking dish, arrange your burritos in a line next to each other. For this instructible im showing a small pan. Open the cans and add olives and green chilies, then pour enchilada sauce over burritos Enchiladas are the perfect crowd pleaser for family and friends.
Burrito Enchiladas instructions
- Spread ground beef across the bottom of a large pot. Season with "Mexican Dry Rub".
- Add onions and salt. Stir. Brown beef thoroughly. Add diced tomatoes and 2 C salsa during last 2 minutes of cooking. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Distribute beans evenly in the middle of each tortilla..
- Distribute beef, rice, remaining salsa, and cheese in each tortilla..
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom..
- Roll each burrito and place in casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce atop each tortilla..
- Bake uncovered at 400° for approximately 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly..
- Alternatively, top each burrito with an avocado slice and/or a sprinkle of chihuahua cheese..
- Garnish with cilantro and/or lime if desired..
- Variations; Guacamole, avocado, roasted bell peppers, jalapeños, swiss cheese, chihuahua cheese, cinnamon, pork, chicken, shrimp, black bean puree, mango or pineapple salsa, ranchero salsa, tomatillo salsa, peach-mango salsa, grilled pineapple or corn, coriander seed, cotija, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, queso fresco, serrano peppers, poblano, habanero, ancho chile, chipotle, smoked paprika, crema, cilantro-lime rice, pinto or black beans, green enchilada sauce, mole, nopalitos, tamarind, romaine, salsa verde, pico de gallo, nacho cheese, goat cheese, chili powder, dried onion soup mix, tequila, beer, thyme,.
Chicken, beef, turkey or veggie we have plenty of recipes to choose from to make the ultimate Tex-Mex feast. Three enchiladas filled with your choice of chicken, ground beef or shredded beef, with onions and oregano. Topped with parmesan cheese, sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, rice and beans. Your burrito is smothered with burrito sauce and parmesan cheese and then garnished with fresh lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. Topped with chile con carne, served with sour cream.