Chicken Pot Pie. Peel and roughly chop the onions, adding them to the larger pan as you go. Method Put the chicken, stock, cream or milk, celery, leeks, potatoes, garlic and ham into a large saucepan. First, pour the cider into a medium saucepan, along with the carrots, bay leaf, sprig of thyme and some salt and freshly milled black pepper.
Remove the vegetables from the liquid and set aside. This Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables is comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of mushrooms drained.
- You need 1 can of green peas drained.
- You need 1 can of sliced carrots drained.
- Prepare 1 can of sliced potatoes drained.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 can of chicken breast drained.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of celery or celery flakes.
- Prepare 1 packages of of 2 pie shells in pie pan.
- You need 1 packages of of 2 flat pie crusts toppers.
I could literally eat it by the ladle full. In fact, I do by the ladle – in the form of my chicken pot pie soup – one of my absolute. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken until browned.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- cook first 11 ingredients in a pot on stove..
- Cook pie crust in pie pan as directed on package. Pour chicken mixture in cooked pie shells then add pie toppers and cook on oven at 325 until crust has browned..
Turn the heat right up, add the flour and keep stirring for a couple of minutes before adding the sherry or wine. Once thickened, add the stock and. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to prep, making it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. Combine the chicken, carrot, celery, onion and salt into a large stock pot.