Hyderabadi biryani recipe. Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe :Half boiled rice layered with fried onions, mint, cooked mutton, sealed with dough and slow cooked 'dum' style. Directions Lay the lamb pieces in the bottom of a flat copper dish or Dutch oven. Add papaya paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, turmeric, chile powder, cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamom.
Add chicken; turn to coat evenly. Stir in cloves, cardamom, and bay leaves. A biryani from Hyderabad is like its people, exciting, spicy, sweet and tangy – all in one! You can have Hyderabadi biryani recipe using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi biryani recipe
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 4 cup of Basmati Rice.
- You need 1 Cup of Curd.
- It’s 1/2 kg of Onion (medium) (sliced lengthwish).
- Prepare 4-6 of small Onion nos for frying.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger.
- It’s 8 pods of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mint (pudina) leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 3 of Green chilli.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Orange colour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 5 of Cloves.
- You need 10 of Cardamom.
- It’s 4 tsp of Ghee.
- You need 4 tsp of Oil.
- You need handful of Cashew nuts.
- It’s 3 drop of kewara essence.
Pieces of marinated mutton, long grain basmati rice and fragrant whole spices layered and cooked together on low heat till the meat is tender and falls of the bone and the rice has fluffed up and is soft. Into a large pan where you plan to cook the Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani, add the oil and preheat it over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger garlic green chilli paste, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom. Saute until the onions turn brown and caramelised.
Hyderabadi biryani recipe instructions
- Chicken Marinat with all ingredients and also grind biryani masala & this into the marination and marinate it for 1 hour……
- Then take a pot add in water just double of the rice bring it a boil & cooked for 50,60 present% then done and stain it..
- Then Take a pot 1/2 big spoon of oil then add all whole spice onion and fry it golden colour then add marinated chicken and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes on medium to high flame.
- Then now add rice add orange food colour, 3 4 drop kewara essence, fried onions, coriander leaves then pack daam.
- Then after open daam turn off the flame and rest of 10 minutes and then ready very tasty Hyderabadi biryani.
- Ready for serve.
Ensure you do it on low heat so the onion caramelises evenly. Heat oil and lightly fry garlic and onion and add chicken and fry. After this add grinded tomatoes, and all chicken spices and roast. Finally heat oil and add all oil tempering ingredients add and fry then do the tarka and garnish with lemon and ginger and serve. Ingredient & Recipe Biryani is prepared by layering parboiled basmati rice, marinated or cooked meat/chicken, fried onions, fresh herbs, lemon juice, saffron water, etc., and then steaming it together.