Chicken Pot Pie. Peel and roughly chop the onions, adding them to the larger pan as you go. Method Put the chicken, stock, cream or milk, celery, leeks, potatoes, garlic and ham into a large saucepan. First, pour the cider into a medium saucepan, along with the carrots, bay leaf, sprig of thyme and some salt and freshly milled black pepper.
Remove the vegetables from the liquid and set aside. This Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables is comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- You need of Refrigerated pie crust.
- It’s of Chicken breast or quarters.
- It’s of Frozen carrots and peas.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbl of Thyme.
- You need 1 tbl of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- You need 1 tbl of Seasoned salt (Adjust as needed).
I could literally eat it by the ladle full. In fact, I do by the ladle – in the form of my chicken pot pie soup – one of my absolute. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Boil chicken with the potatoes (for deep dish you want about 2 chicken quarters or 4 boneless chicken breast, cut in half if not using a deep dish or for smaller portions). Once chicken is cooked debone or shred with forks..
- In a large mixing bowl add chicken, potatoes, frozen carrots and peas, and cream of chicken. You may need to add some water to make sure there is plenty of liquid to mix the ingredients well. Add seasonings..
- In a deep dish pie plate place the bottom pie crust, do not poke. Add filling. Put top crust on, pinch top and bottom crust together. Cut a slit in the pie crust..
- Bake at 350° for 45 min or til crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to prep, making it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. Combine the chicken, carrot, celery, onion and salt into a large stock pot. Add cold water until just covered and bring to a boil over high heat. Line a pie dish with one sheet of pastry.