Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce. Place sliced chicken down the middle of the pita bread. Top the chicken with an ample amount of tzatziki sauce. Garnish the top of the tzatziki sauce with cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese and optionally parsley.
Add half of the chicken tenders. Prepare the tzatziki sauce by grating the. Authentic Greek Chicken Gyros Recipe with Tzatziki Sauce. You can cook Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts – cut into thin strips.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare dash of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of pita bread.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 10 oz of yogurt – plain.
- It’s 1 of small cucumber – peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic – minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full discloser by Foodies Terminal for more details. In a small baking dish, add the chicken breasts, paprika, oregano, garlic, and olive oil. Lay pitas on a clean surface.
Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce instructions
- Prepare sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a food processor and blending until creamy. Place in refrigerator until ready for use..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add all remaining ingredients (except chicken and pita)..
- Once heated, add chicken and cook until done (no longer pink)..
- Serve on warm pita bread with lettuce and sauce..
Add lettuce (if desired, chicken, red pepper strips, and onions. Top with tzatziki sauce and feta (if desired). Fold pita over like a sandwich, or roll it into a "tunnel shape". Thread chicken onto skewers and grill until cooked thoroughly on an outdoor grill or on a stove top grill wiht pan. Remove chicken from skewers and serve wrapped in warm pita bread with lettuce, tomato, red onion and Tzatziki sauce.