Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit. Check Out Welsh Rarebits On eBay. Low Prices on Rarebit Preheat a grill on a high heat. Warm the milk or beer in a saucepan until just above lukewarm.
Preheat a grill on a high heat. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the milk/beer and worcester sauce and stir for a few seconds. You can have Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit
- You need 30 grams of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk or beer.
- You need 1 tsp of worcester sauce.
- It’s 150 grams of lancashire cheese (grated).
- Prepare 1 each of salad tomato (thinly sliced) (optional).
- It’s 2 large of egg yolks.
- It’s 4 slice of bread.
Add the cheese and tomato and gently cook on a medium heat stirring continuously until the cheese has melted (do not boil the mixture.) Welsh rarebit, perhaps the most famous Welsh dish of them all and one which, along with Irish Stew and Scottish Haggis, travelled the world over. Combine cheese, ale, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper in a pot over low heat or in a double boiler. Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan and stir in the flour. In a small saucepan melt the butter and make a roux with the flour.
Dewhursts' Welsh Rarebit instructions
- Preheat a grill on a high heat..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the milk/beer and worcester sauce and stir for a few seconds. Add the cheese and tomato and gently cook on a medium heat stirring continuously until the cheese has melted (do not boil the mixture.) Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before whisking in the egg yolks..
- Lightly toast 4 slices of bread in a toaster or under a grill and spread the rarebit over the toast. Place under a hot grill for a bout a minute or 2 and serve..
Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring to prevent the roux from burning. Stir in the warm beer by degrees, until you have a thick. Place the cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, flour and beer into a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring until the cheese melts and all the ingredients blend together to form a thick paste. Meanwhile toast the bread under a grill on one side.