My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the center of the mug. Drizzle the tablespoon of water right on top of the batter. The center will looks slighty wet and shiny but not raw, and sticks slightly to the finger when touched. You can cook My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
This microwave chocolate lava mug cake is gooey on the inside, rich and fudgy on the outside. Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without having to bake a whole cake! Top it off with some vanilla ice cream on top and you've got a sweet, decadent dessert for one. Or two if you're generous and want to share with a friend.
My Lava Chocolate Mug Cake step by step
- Melt the butter in a coffee mug..
- Add water, vanilla and salt and stir until smooth..
- Add sugar, cocoa powder and flour and stir until all the lumps are out. Add your choice of chocolate chips if you want..
- Cook in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. If you want less "lava" and more cake you can cook it for 10 seconds more. You may have to adjust the cooking time since all microwaves cook at different speeds..
How to Make Chocolate Molten Lava Mug Cake // Take a microwave safe mug. Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk well until well combined. Add melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla extract. Using a fork, whisk in milk, oil, and vanilla extract until batter is smooth and there are no lumps. I looked up a few recipes on line, one being a caramel-flavored mug cake and, after understanding the general idea, took my lava cake recipe and adapted it to make a microwave mug cake version.