Black and White Cake. Looking For Black And White Cake? Find Black And White Cake now! We have all the top leading brands for home decoration, tableware, kitchenwares and more.
If you make a purchase using one of those links I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. How to Make Black and White Cake. I always use cake strips on my pans for an even bake but they're optional. You can cook Black and White Cake using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black and White Cake
- Prepare 1/2 of recipe (1 layer) White Cake (I use the silver cake recipe from my profile).
- It’s 1/2 of recipe (1 layer) chocolate cake. (I use the Chocolate Cake recipe from my profile).
- Prepare 1 of whole recipe Leah's Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- You need 1 of Chocolate Fondant (also on my profile).
- You need 1 of Basic Rolled Fondant (another recipe from my profile).
Sift the dry ingredients (not the cocoa powder), including the sugar, together in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl. There will be little butter lumps but don't worry about it! To make this black and white cake, we start with the cake layers.
Black and White Cake instructions
- Cut each layer in half. Reserve 1 half of each layer..
- Apply chocolate frosting to top of 1 white half and 1 chocolate half..
- Place the reserved white half on top of the frosted white half. Place the reserved chocolate half on top of the frosted chocolate half..
- Coat the cut side straight edges of each half with chocolate frosting..
- Push both halves together to form one whole round cake..
- Cover the entire cake worth chocolate frosting, place a toothpick one the white side to mark it, then set aside..
- Form the chocolate fondant into a semi-circle. Then, form the basic fondant into another semi circle..
- Push the 2 halves together to form one circle..
- Place the fondant circle on a flexible mat or surface. Roll out the circle of fondant to 1/4 inch thickness..
- Carefully use the mat to roll the fondant over the cake. Be sure to match the white fondant to the white half of the cake..
- Trim the excess fondant.
Flour, cocoa powder, and sugar are combined with leavening agents and salt. Eggs, coffee, buttermilk, vanilla, and oil come next and are beat into the dry ingredients until well incorporated and smooth. Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add sugar, stirring with a whisk. This simple-to-bake cake has a spectacular chequered icing which is not evident until the cake is cut.